- Convenient usability
- Variety of bonuses
- Lots of deposit methods
- Apps for different platforms
- Unclear legal status
PBA online betting is a popular pastime in Asia, for which the Philippine Amusements and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) is the leading regulatory body in the region – particularly for PBA betting online. Unfortunately, PAGCOR excludes any PBA betting site under its jurisdiction from supplying services to Philippine nationals. However, PBA betting at land-based bookies is allowed, while Philippine nationals are free to play e-games, PBA betting, or other gambling activities at non-PAGCOR offshore bookies and casinos.
We have compiled a list of offshore e-games, PBA betting, and gambling sites that are safe and regulated, and cater to Philippine nationals.
In this article:
- List of PBA Betting Sites
- History of PBA Sports Betting
- FAQs about PBA Betting
- Best PBA Basketball Sites
- Top Five PBA Bookies with the Best Bonuses
- Recommended Payment Methods at PBA Sportsbooks
Found 4 bookmakers
- Variety of payment methods
- 1XPH promo code for a starting boost
- Competitive odds
- Fast withdrawal times
- Wonky reputation
- Low minimum deposits
- Decent odds
- Variety of payment methods
- Good betting markets
- No live streams
- Bets range from $1 to $25,000
- Competent support
- Withdraw and deposit by cash
- Refund promotions
- Average odds
The Philippines has a long history of gambling. Long before the Spanish arrived in the 1600s, its people made bets and played games of chance. The US reinforced gambling culture during their occupation in the first half of the 20th century and brought new sports like basketball to the islands, which the populace embraced.
Established in 1975, The Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) is the first professional basketball league in Asia. Additionally, the PBA is the second oldest continuing professional league behind only the NBA (founded in 1946.) The first PBA game was played in Quezon City at the Araneta Coliseum on 9 April 1975.
- Kerby Raymundo holds the record for the most minutes played in a PBA game by a domestic player. He played for 61 minutes in the Purefoods Vs. Talk ‘N Text triple-overtime game on 26 October 2006. Purefoods won the game 141–138.
- Lambert Shell is the player who holds the record for most minutes played in a PBA game by an imported player. He played for 63 minutes.
- The only team to win four conference cups in a row without a Grand Slam (all three cups in a season) is Great Taste. They won the last two conferences of 1984 and the first two of 1985.
- The lowest-scoring game in PBA history was Pop Cola Vs. Shell on 18 July 1999. The score was 54–52.
The League’s 12 teams play for three conference cups: the Philippine, Commissioner’s, and Governor’s cups. The games are exciting, and all types of sports bets and online PBA betting are popular with these teams and players.
Of all the online betting in the Philippines, PBA and basketball are the most popular, so our team has put together a list of the best online betting PBA sites that accept Philippines bettors. These sites also include other offerings like football and horse racing, so you aren’t restricted to PBA betting lines only.
Things to look for on a betting site
Whether you are new to online sports betting or a seasoned gambler, there are a few factors that you need to consider before registering on a new site. We’ve compiled a list to help you avoid using unsuitable sites.
- Payment and withdrawal options: Before registering on a site, ensure that the payment and withdrawal options they offer are suitable for your needs. There is no harm in making a small deposit and then trying out the withdrawal option.
- Customer support: Check the online betting site’s customer support early and read the site reviews before signing up.
- Suitable site options: Find out exactly what options the site offers. The best sites offer live betting as well as traditional pregame bets. If you want to do in-game betting, make sure the site supports this, as well as live streaming and mobile apps.
Types of PBA betting site to avoid
Avoid sites with low reviews, negative comments, or unclear licensing information. If you know the signs to look for, you can identify these sites. Always look at site reviews, customer comments, and licensing information.
The best bookies give gamblers excellent sign-up bonuses for registering on their site. These bonuses potentially put extra money into your pocket and give you more opportunity to test how well the site works for you.
Types of Welcome Bonus
- Deposit Bonus: Sometimes, bookmakers offer players a percentage of the first deposit as a welcome bonus. Offers range from 25% to 200%, up to a certain amount.
- Free Bet Bonus: The free bet bonus is similar to the deposit bonus but depends on placing your first bet.
- Refund Bonus: Some bookmakers offer to refund your first bet or a portion of it if it’s a losing bet.
- Enhanced Odds: As a first-time gambler, you may qualify for better odds with your first bet placed.
What to look for in a welcome bonus
- Minimum Deposit: Read the terms and conditions to determine if there is a minimum deposit to qualify for the welcome bonus.
- Qualifying Bet: To qualify for the bonus, you may need to make a bet of a certain amount.
- Validity Period: Welcome bonuses expire, so make sure you take advantage before this happens.
- Market Restrictions: Some offers are only available to specific markets. Make sure that you qualify for any welcome bonus before trying to claim.
Treat the sign-up bonus as your reward for doing your homework on the site and spending your money with the betting site PBA supports. As a Philippines-based online sports bettor, it is even more important to check the site than for other nationalities, as you’re relying on offshore sportsbooks regulated outside of the Philippines.
Our team has done some of the homework for you and compiled a list of online PBA betting sites that offer the best bonus for Philippine players.
Another critical feature to consider is your payment and withdrawal method. Part of the excitement of sports betting is winning money and claiming the extra cash. Our team has put together the four best-recommended payment methods for online PBA betting in the Philippines, allowing you to choose.
These payment methods are fast, secure, and acceptable in the Philippines. We also provide a short description of the options that each of these services offers to decide which is best for you. Once you know which option best suits your needs, check that the online sportsbook does support the payment method.
Fast and secure. Withdraw to a bank account, Skrill, or mobile wallet. Double verification available.
Can link to your bank, credit, or debit card. One to seven days for withdrawals.
You can deposit or withdraw using a Mastercard for faster payments.
Many sportsbooks also accept cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin. Though selling Bitcoin takes more effort.
3 ratings, average 5 out of 5
Types of bets