PBA online betting is a popular pastime in Asia, for which the Philippine Amusements and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) is the leading regulatory body in the region – particularly for PBA betting online. Unfortunately, PAGCOR excludes any PBA betting site under its jurisdiction from supplying services to Philippine nationals.
However, PBA betting at land-based bookies is allowed, while Philippine nationals are free to play e-games and conduct PBA betting, or other gambling activities at non-PAGCOR offshore bookies and casinos.
We’ve compiled a list of offshore e-games, PBA betting, and gambling sites that are safe and regulated, as well as catering to Philippine nationals.
List of PBA Betting Sites
Found: 4 Bookmakers
UP TO 5400 PHP WITH PROMO CODE 1XPH
|BET HERE Go to 1xbet website|
Welcome bonus up to 60 PHP
|BET HERE Go to 20bet website|
BONUS UP TO 7500 PHP FOR SPORTS BETTING
|BET HERE Go to 22bet website|
100% first deposit bonus up to 5800 PHP
|BET HERE Go to Melbet website|
The Philippines has a long history of gambling. Long before the Spanish arrived in the 1600s, its people made bets and played games of chance. The US reinforced gambling culture during their occupation in the first half of the 20th century and brought new sports like basketball to the islands, which the populace embraced.
Established in 1975, The Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) was the first professional basketball league in Asia. Additionally, the PBA is the second oldest continuing professional league behind only the NBA (founded in 1946.) The first PBA game was played in Quezon City at the Araneta Coliseum on 9 April 1975.
- Kerby Raymundo holds the record for the most minutes played in a PBA game by a domestic player. He played for 61 minutes in the Purefoods vs. Talk ‘N Text triple-overtime game on 26 October 2006. Purefoods won the game 141–138.
- Lambert Shell is the player who holds the record for most minutes played in a PBA game by an imported player. He played for 63 minutes.
- The only team to win four conference cups in a row without a Grand Slam (all three cups in a season) is Great Taste. They won the last two conferences of 1984 and the first two of 1985.
- The lowest-scoring game in PBA history was Pop Cola vs. Shell on 18 July 1999. The score was 54–52.
The League’s 12 teams play for three conference cups: the Philippine, Commissioner’s, and Governor’s cups. The games are exciting, and all types of sports bets and online PBA betting are popular with these teams and players.
|🏛️ First Introduced:||1975|
|🏢 Overseeing Organisations:||FIBA|
|📶 Bookmaker Coverage:||Low|
|⭐ Popular in:||Philippines|
|🏅 Olympic Discipline:||No|
In order to save you some time, we’ve analysed the options for sportsbooks for PBA online betting and put together the best of them in this list.
Below, you will find our Top 5 and why we recommend them for this type of online bet.
#1 Bookmaker to bet on PBA – 1xBet
With multiple betting lines and all PBA games available to bet on, 1xBet ranks first on our list. In addition, you can also find other Philippine basketball leagues at this bookie.
#2 Bookmaker to bet on PBA – GGBET
One of the great advantages for those who choose to bet at GGBet is the interesting PBA betting odds on offer. Basketball fans in general encounter good odds here, which helps them to profit more.
#3 Bookmaker to bet on PBA – MELbet
MELbet is known for offering a very responsive platform and also a great mobile version. PBA fans can take advantage of this to bet on their favourite teams at any time of the day, whether in pre-match or live betting.
#4 Bookmaker to bet on PBA – Sportsbet.io
Despite being a new site, sportsbet.io offers great options for basketball and PBA betting, with good odds and an interesting variety of markets. In addition, it is a perfect option for those interested in cryptocurrency betting.
#5 Bookmaker to bet on PBA – 22Bet
The variety of payments has always been one of the positive points of 22Bet, making it possible to deposit and withdraw with different systems. PBA fans will also find many betting markets and competitive odds, making this bookie a great choice.
Before placing your bets on PBA online, we have prepared some tips and strategies that can help you improve your performance and increase your chances of winning.
Follow a Tipster
Professional tipsters offer betting options that are chosen after a lot of data is acquired and analysed, seeking to guarantee the best chances of winning. By following their tips, you will be more likely to make good bets.
Do your research
To make a good bet, regardless of the sport or competition, you need to carry out research. Accumulate information about the game you are going to bet on, about the available markets, and any other type of info that can help you to bet better.
Find a bookmaker that has a good reputation
There are many PBA sportsbooks, so it’s important to look for safe options. See the bookie’s reputation by looking online for information about him and the opinion of experts and other punters. You can choose a bookmaker from our list to save you some trouble.
Check the league table
Something important to do before betting on PBA is to look at the table. Many times you can research a team and see that they are one of the best in the league, but it could be that they are not doing so well this season.
Look for a bookmaker that offers good odds
The odds are what allow you to seek profit from betting so, the better the odds, the greater the profits. Always choose bookmakers that offer good betting options and interesting odds.
Collect statistical data
In PBA games, data on the number of points a team usually scores, home and away wins, and other important points are extremely important. Their analysis can give you a good chance of choosing the right bet.
The best bookies give gamblers excellent sign-up bonuses for registering on their site. These bonuses potentially put extra money into your pocket and give you more opportunity to test how well the site works for you.
Types of Welcome Bonus
- Deposit Bonus: Sometimes, bookmakers offer players a percentage of the first deposit as a welcome bonus. Offers range from 25% to 200%, up to a certain amount.
- Free Bet Bonus: The free bet bonus is similar to the deposit bonus but depends on placing your first bet.
- Refund Bonus: Some bookmakers offer to refund your first bet or a portion of it if it’s a losing bet.
- Enhanced Odds: As a first-time gambler, you may qualify for better odds with your first bet placed.
What to look for in a welcome bonus
- Minimum Deposit: Read the terms and conditions to determine if there is a minimum deposit to qualify for the welcome bonus.
- Qualifying Bet: To qualify for the bonus, you may need to make a bet of a certain amount.
- Validity Period: Welcome bonuses expire, so make sure you take advantage before this happens.
- Market Restrictions: Some offers are only available to specific markets. Make sure that you qualify for any welcome bonus before trying to claim.
Treat the sign-up bonus as your reward for doing your homework on the site and spending your money with the betting site PBA supports. As a Philippines-based online sports bettor, it is even more important to check the site than for other nationalities, as you’re relying on offshore sportsbooks regulated outside of the Philippines.
Our team has done some of the homework for you and compiled a list of online PBA betting sites that offer the best bonuses for Philippine players.
As we mentioned before, the odds are the main point for those who want to profit well from online betting. And if you’re looking for the best PBA betting odds, especially in the ‘match winner’ market, don’t forget to check our ranking with the bookies that offer the best conditions.
Bookmakers' margin for the PBA
|Meralco Bolts - Barangay Ginebra San Miguel||Terra Firma Duip - San Miguel Beermen||Phoenix Pulse Fuel Masters - NorthPort Batang Pie||NLex Road Warriors - Blackwater Bossing|
Another critical feature to consider is your payment and withdrawal method. Part of the excitement of sports betting is winning money and claiming the extra cash. Our team has put together the four best-recommended payment methods for online PBA betting in the Philippines, allowing you to choose.
These payment methods are fast, secure, and acceptable in the Philippines. We also provide a short description of the options that each of these services offers to decide which is best for you. Once you know which option best suits your needs, check that the online sportsbook does support the payment method.
- GCash Accepted by several bookmakers for PBA online betting as it is the favourite method of Filipinos. GCash is safe and extremely convenient. This eWallet allows for deposits and withdrawals, all without extra fees.
- Bank Transfer For those who like traditional methods, bank transfer remains one of the most sought after. Processing time, however, remains one of the issues, as it can take up to five days to complete the payment.
- Help2Pay A very common payment method among Filipinos. Even if there are not many bookies offering it yet, Help2Pay offers security and speed in your transactions. Payments are made instantly and fully encrypted.
- PayPal An easy and convenient method that processes both your deposits and withdrawals immediately. However, the number of bookmakers that offer this method is still small.
- Credit cards Embraced worldwide, credit cards offer a lot of practicality at PBA bookmakers. The most common brands are VISA and Mastercard. Some bookies, however, do not offer these methods as a form of withdrawal.